- Cognitively, the next six months will be hard for leaders — handling what is still a crisis situation with continuing aftershocks, whilst also preparing and enacting plans for the recovery.
- Team demotivation is likely if there are further waves of the pandemic, especially if there are further lockdowns. There has been a tendency to provide false hope in small bites, rather than a realistic outlook that can be prepared for, so it feels to many people that they’re lurching from one shock and disappointment to another. This is psychologically stressful. It is the role of leadership in a crisis to first of all provide an honest and frank assessment of the situation and the outlook, before setting out how you will get through it, and what it will be like on the other side. It will be important to provide that to your team.
Unlock full access to this item and the entire vault of members-only briefings, research and insights.
What comes with an Agency Radar Premium subscription?
- Monthly in-depth board briefing. Everything your board needs to know about a key issue or challenge. Materials to faciliate structured discussions.
- Regular agency briefs. A thorough survey and summary of key things to know - news, forward planning, risks, industry, events, and interesting links.
- What works. Research and investigations for tips and practices on what works. Things that you should know about for leading your agency. Ideas you can implement.
- Reading for action. Reviews of books you should know about. Insights tailored to your agency situation. Clear guides for turning insights into action.
Not ready yet? Subscribe to the free tier
Get the intelligence briefings for the frontiers of the business world
Save hours, and get to the intelligence that matters.
Research, insights and briefings to help you develop strategy, make informed decisions and lead with confidence in a chaotic world.