It's easy to feel overloaded as the leader of an agency. You can't manage time, but you can manage your focus.
Tuesday, 26 October 2021
About this event
"I feel utterly overloaded"
"I want to be proactive, rather than always being reactive"
"I want to make time to work on the business, rather than just in it"
These are some of the most common things we hear from agency leaders, so we've developed this workshop to help.
Agency leaders have their focus pulled in so many directions, on such seemingly urgent things, that they feel overwhelmed. It's hard to focus on things they know are important, but don't shout as loudly for their attention.
People often search for 'time management' advice — but you can't manage time. You can manage your focus, however, developing strategies to segment your time and prioritise, in a way that's healthily balanced for the needs of an agency. That's what this workshop is all about.
In the half-day session you'll:
- Identify the factors are that make agency leaders feel especially overloaded
- Learn the key concepts about agency leaders' use of time, and where focus is needed. Identifying where your energy can have most impact.
- An introduction to ideas and methodologies that you can borrow some useful tools from to help focus on what's important: including Getting Things Done (GTD), The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), Stephen Covey, and more.
- The concept of the 'lazy leader', and how less from you can often be more for the agency
- Develop your focus action plan in the workshop, and get feedback
- Get to spend time with other agency leaders working on improving their focus and be able to compare notes.
The session will be presented and facilitated by:
Steve Parks, CEO, Convivio
Steve has led agencies and professional services businesses for over twenty years, from startups through to 170 people in nine countries. He was recently named as one of the ten most inspiring agency leaders in the UK in a survey of over 2,000 agencies, organised by Benchpress.
Dr Joe Baker, Chief Research Officer, Convivio
Joe leads the research work that underpins our key ideas. His background in academia, as well as years working at senior level in agency environments, mean he is ideally placed to understand the issues and develop solutions.
The workshop will take place via Zoom, and links will be provided nearer the time. Access to Google sheets will be needed for the practical session.
The workshop will be limited to ten participants to ensure there is enough support for every delegate during the practical work.
This is a public workshop and we ask that no more than 3 people from each agency attend, so that there can be sharing between multiple agencies.
We also offer private in-company workshops for your leadership team. Email us for details on firstname.lastname@example.org.