- International tensions are reaching boiling point on multiple global fronts at the same time. There is a realistic possibility that this will bring popular unrest, sanctions, acts of aggression or even international conflict.
- Brinkmanship in international relations raises the risk of miscommunication, misunderstandings, bluffs or posturing leading to unintended serious escalations.
- These international tensions have been further raised during the pandemic, and this will grow as vaccine inequality becomes more visible, and as there are inequalities in economic recovery.
- National politics in many countries is creating an unstable and unpredictable environment for citizens and businesses.
- Nationalism is on the rise in some countries, and having a raised media profile in further countries, impacting what had been a trend to smoother international work and trade.
- Trade conflicts are likely to arise. This could mean some industries get caught up in sanctions imposed by way of tariff or non-tariff barriers. This may not affect agencies directly, but will affect them via the impact on clients, or through price effects passed on from suppliers.
Unlock full access to this item and the entire vault of members-only briefings, research and insights.
What comes with an Agency Radar Premium subscription?
- Monthly in-depth board briefing. Everything your board needs to know about a key issue or challenge. Materials to faciliate structured discussions.
- Regular agency briefs. A thorough survey and summary of key things to know - news, forward planning, risks, industry, events, and interesting links.
- What works. Research and investigations for tips and practices on what works. Things that you should know about for leading your agency. Ideas you can implement.
- Reading for action. Reviews of books you should know about. Insights tailored to your agency situation. Clear guides for turning insights into action.
Not ready yet? Subscribe to the free tier
Get the intelligence briefings for the frontiers of the business world
Save hours, and get to the intelligence that matters.
Research, insights and briefings to help you develop strategy, make informed decisions and lead with confidence in a chaotic world.