Once a month we publish a detailed briefing for subscribers to guide in-depth discussions at board meetings. This is designed to bring the kind of thinking, analysis and viewpoint to your agency board meetings that you’d expect from an experienced non-exec, but at a fraction of the cost. If just one of these briefings a year makes a difference to your agency, it will generate or protect enough value to pay for your membership subscription many times over.
We suggest distributing the brief to your board for reading in advance (your membership includes a license to share within your company), and allocating time on the agenda to discuss the issues raised.
An author of the report can be available to present the key findings and/or facilitate discussion at your next board or management meeting. Please email email@example.com to discuss.
During 2021, the UK will experience the economic effects of Brexit and one of the worst impacts from the pandemic globally.
The problems will become more evident for a while, but then what always happens will happen. There will be opportunities among the problems, and green shoots will emerge.
In previous board briefings we’ve covered the problems and the things to think about in preparation. The businesses that are well prepared will be the ones to survive.
In this board paper we begin to look at how the survivors might then thrive by being well-positioned in their clients’ eyes, and provide areas to explore as a board to position the business for new opportunities that emerge.
We’re going to cover these areas:
- Why do clients need your agency?
- What is your agency’s area of focus? (often thought of as the only part of ‘positioning’)
- What will it be like to work with you?
- What are your opinions?
And then we’ll look at the importance of building a narrative around your agency using these building blocks, which cements your positioning.
The idea of the paper is to give you areas for discussion as a board, and some ideas for activities to do within the company to feed into that — like having a non-exec or a consultant. If you’d like the author of the briefing to present a session at your meeting, facilitate a discussion or workshop, please contact us.
Unlock full access to this item and the entire vault of members-only briefings, research and insights.
What comes with an Agency Radar Premium subscription?
- Monthly in-depth board briefing. Everything your board needs to know about a key issue or challenge. Materials to faciliate structured discussions.
- Regular agency briefs. A thorough survey and summary of key things to know - news, forward planning, risks, industry, events, and interesting links.
- What works. Research and investigations for tips and practices on what works. Things that you should know about for leading your agency. Ideas you can implement.
- Reading for action. Reviews of books you should know about. Insights tailored to your agency situation. Clear guides for turning insights into action.
Not ready yet? Subscribe to the free tier
Get the intelligence briefings for the frontiers of the business world
Save hours, and get to the intelligence that matters.
Research, insights and briefings to help you develop strategy, make informed decisions and lead with confidence in a chaotic world.